Saturday, June 29, 2024

Intro to GIS Applications

 

Hello everyone! 

Welcome to the start of another course, GIS Applications, Masters edition. As a recap, I am Brandon Deusenberry and It's great to work alongside a strong group of budding GIS professionals as we tackle a new set of skill challenges. 

For the basics, I am early still early in the Masters Program, with a projected graduation of Fall '26. It cant get here soon enough! I am a full time active duty Air Force member. This July is my 21st anniversary in the service. It absolutely does not feel like it has been that long. I am a full motion video, remote sensing camera operator by trade. But nowadays my work time is more dedicated to leading and mentoring the enlisted members in my charge. I have a family with 4 crazy boys, each a different challenge, but all awesome. 

Below is a link to my story map, which has both a bit about my history and some places I have been, but also some of our recent summertime adventures. Between full time work, family time, and school, I don't have as much free time as I would like. But I still try to get together with my DnD group, and or play video games with friends where able. 

Hopefully, about the time I am done with the Master's program, I will be wrapping up my military career. From there I will combine both worlds' skills and move forward into a new one. While I can zone out and enjoy working on the technical aspects of GIS, I think I would much prefer a position that lets me help organize and lead a team of GIS professionals. But we will see what happens. 

This intro also calls for some adjectives that I think describe me, so here are those:
silly, sarcastic, gruff, calm, thoughtful, useful

But I'll let you work with me and figure out some of your own, or if those are accurate. 

My Story Map: 
https://arcg.is/00vnWC0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Topics - Mod 3 - Lab 6 - Aggregation and Scale

 Hello and Welcome back!  My how time has flown. It has almost been 8 weeks, and 6 different labs. There have been so many topics covered in...